Guide for UK Thereminists
How do I add my profile to the Register?
- If you don't have a blogger account already, sign up at blogger.com.
- Email one of the admins, gordonc at theremin.org.uk or JD at theremin.org.uk and ask for an invitation.
- Once you have accepted the invitation, you can post your profile and edit it any time you like.
- After you have posted your profile, find the link to it in the blog’s side-bar and make a note of the URL. You will need it later.
Do I have to have a blog on Blogger?
- No. You can create an account on blogger without creating a blog. When you are asked for your blog details, just return to the blogger front page which should show the 'Dashboard' with your basic details.
How do I post a news item?
- When you have posted your details on the register, you will be invited to join the news blog.
- Once you have accepted the invitation, you can start posting your UK theremin related announcements, news and reviews.
- Blogger also has the facility to post news items from an e-mail, which is ideal if you don't have time to log into blogger to post.
Are there any conventions I should observe when posting?
- Please keep postings concise and on-topic. Theremin UK is a news-feed for all the major theremin portals, as well as fellow thereminists and enthusiasts in the UK and elsewhere.
- Please use one of the following tags in the title of your posting to indicate the subject matter:
[gig] for gigs and concerts
[cd] to announce your new CD
[tv] for TV appearances or theremin related programmes
[radio] for radio features
[web] for internet related news
[meet] to announce plans for get-togethers, conferences, workshops etc.
[review] for reviews of any of the above
[other] for any other UK theremin news
- Use the link field to link to your profile. (Remember, you made a note of the URL when you posted your profile.)
I'm not good with computers or websites. What can I do?
- If you're not happy about the signing-up process, send me an e-mail ( jd at theremin dot org dot uk ) with your details - biography, photograph, type of music played, etc.
- I will add your details to the site for you, but the disadvantage is that you cannot update your profile by yourself - you'll need to contact one of the admins.